Here are the 6 best books I discovered in 2008:
1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
2. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
3. Specials by Scott Westerfeld
4. Extras by Scott Westerfeld
5. I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
6. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
I have 4 out of 6 of these books. Can you guess which ones?
For good measure, here are some other good books (well-written, * means it contains adult content) I also read.
7. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
8. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold*
9. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult*
10. Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
I own 2 out of those 4. Can you guess which ones those are?
Note: I have read more good books than that, but those are the ones that stand out. The Shadow Children Series (Among the Hidden is book 1) are overall really good. I have read all but the last two.